We all love chicken salad. Well unless you're a vegetarian. But chicken salad is one of those universal dishes that never gets old because we find a million different ways to fix it.
Here's my take on chicken salad with the savory flavor of thyme. You can use fresh or dried but either way, it gives the salad a savory twist with the sweetness of cranberries. Yum!
- 3 cups cooked chicken*
- 2 stalks (to 3 Stalks) Celery, Chopped
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 cup cranberries (or grapes or even both! Use what you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp ground thyme (you can use fresh but don't over do. It doesn't look like much but it packs a punch on flavor)
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
In another bowl mix mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the dressing over the chicken blend and mix.
Allow the salad to chill for several hours (or even overnight). Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich. Most of the time my favorite way is straight out of the bowl with a fork!