Maple Cinnamon Fabfalva smoked Turkey legs paired with fresh green beans. Yummy, now that’s Fangboner fresh!! Hey all, Elizabeth back with a gourmet summer meal. High flavor is pure satisfaction to the pallet. Plus incorporate a protein source to keep your brain running optimally. My excellent kitchen skills come from a woman I never met but I call her great gram who owned a catering business. Great gram's skills came down the line through a Midwest lady named Nina who I call mom. Wow can my mom cook!! She's taught me so much. Being in the kitchen always with her as a kid is now a reflected joyful part of my upbringing. Now I am also the daughter of Roland a southern man from Charleston where we caught crabs, shrimp, and fish for every family vacation enjoyed with the best garlic butter I ever had in my life. These two worlds colliding brought me an exquisite pallet of creativity that makes the house rave when I concoct a dish. Cuisine for me has always been an art form that’s matured as I became more self aware of the ingredients I’m using together. Which lead me back to this wonderful 5-acred piece of God given organic land I used to call home as my new destination to feed my soul and family. I’ve been raving like most of you about our Fabflava meat rub. Users have said how fabulous it taste on pork butt, beef, and chicken. Now I’m coming to you with a smoked turkey leg recipe that you’ll want to eat it right off of the bone!
With summer here a gourmet lite meal is always a nice way to enjoy a meal without feeling heavy or bloated afterwards. Making gourmet grub is a fun way for me to flex my kitchen skills with old and new favorites. Smoked turkey legs chose me during one of my weekly shopping trips. My fiancé Adam and myself were doing our weekly grocery trip together. Usually it either him or I playing grocery store tag an asking one another, “ Need anything from the store?” This time we’re in the grocery grub shopping together. I should mention that I’m always try to bring something new to the table with family meals to stay adventurous. On this particular trip smoked turkey leg made my 10 second rule of choice. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had a smoked turkey leg but I can tell you it brought back memories. Memories of when I was a youngster and my mom would have a smoked turkey meat in our beans or right off the bone! I remember one time her and I eating it off the bone and just laughing from all the goodness and mess. Mmm mm mm so good! One package of smoked turkey leg went into the cart during this grocery grub experience. The goal for these legs were to be sweet full of Fabflava with a crispy layer on the outside.
Here's how easy it is to make these Maple Cinnamon Fabflava Smoked Turkey Leg.
1. Grab two gallon bags because one will not fit these monstrous legs inside.
2. Add a generous amount of Maple barbecue sauce to each gallon bag.
3. Add 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon into each gallon bag.
4. Add 1 tablespoon or amount of your liking of Fabflava meat rub to each gallon bag.
5. Place one smoked turkey leg per bag to Coated well in each gallon bag with Maple barbecue sauce and a tablespoon for Fabflava meat rub. Feel free to use them right away after coating them or let them sit in the fridge overnight for full flavor.
6. Set oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit to bake the legs.
7. Line a roast pan with water. Place each leg in aluminum foil and place into roaster with water.
8. Bake for 2.5-3 hours. Remove and enjoy with green beans or any fun medley of veggies.