- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- I clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Fangboner Farms Italian Blend
- 3 Tbs.Olive Oil + 1 Tbs.reserved for drizzling
- 3 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar ( I love Blueberry flavored)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese grated ( I also like to add in some swiss for a sharper taste)
- 1 small loaf Italian bread, sliced*
Preheat oven to 375
Slice the first 3 ingredients. Heat a skillet with the olive oil and saute the veggies, garlic and onions. Add in the Fangboner Farms Italian Blend and saute until tender, about 5 minutes
Line up the bread slices on a cookie sheet (I line mine with foil to avoid sticking and quick cleanup). Top each slice with the veggies. Drizzle with the Olive Oil and the Balsamic. Top with the cheese.
Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
*If you want to make this a low-carb appetizer, just use thinly sliced eggplant. You could dip the eggplant in egg and then coat with ground pork rinds. Bake the eggplant without the topping, just drizzled with some olive oil for about 7-8 minutes to soften. Then top as directed above and bake.