This pie is fabulous in summer with fresh berries. You can also use frozen but if you do, toss them with about ¼ cup cornstarch to absorb the water when they thaw. And remember it's fruit - so it's healthy - eat up!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust for top and bottom – unless you make your own
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Fangboner Farms Mint
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water, cinnamon and mint until smooth; add blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture
- Place berry mixture in pie crust. Top with second crust, flute the edges. I like to sprinkle a little sugar on top. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.